5/28/14

The Tale of Ten Tablecloths…

… in Which Dianne Figures Out How to Cut Twenty Two-Yard Lengths of Fabric (and Thirteen Other Lengths of Other Fabric) Accurately and Efficiently Without It Ever Touching the Dog-Hairy Floor

1.
Two folding chairs provide a platform to hold the bolt of fabric as I roll out two yards.

 2.
A jug of water weights the fabric down at the two-yard mark.

3.
The cutting mat is taped to the table at a convenient spot to cut the fabric.

 4.
Et voilà!  20 two-yard lengths of Osnaburg for 10 round tables, + 3 for banquet table drapes, + 2 odd ends in case more is desired somewhere; 3 linen banquet table coverings; and 10 silky scarf-sized pieces for added pizazz around the centerpieces.

5.
Adhering strictly to the Doggie Rulebook, Lucie finds the most inconvenient place to lie while I'm cutting all this fabric. 



And all this was accomplished in just a couple of hours!  I kept thinking how proud both my parents would be of how I jury-rigged this very functional setup out of materials at hand.  They taught me well.


1 comment:

Sandy H said...

Guess where Sam's fave place to lay was while I eas cutting fabric? Immediately behind my feet so if I stepped back.... I rearranged furniture so he no longer has room behind me while I'm cutting, so now he lays down immediately behind my sewing chair instead. At least I'm seated when I run into him now. Someday that dog is going to cause grievous bodily harm. Glad you got all your fabric cut--be sure to post pics of the dressed tables!